Fusion via Nail Polish Remover

Rasheed Baqai rasheed@usa.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:30:37 -0800 (PST)

I haven't seen anyone post this yet.  Might be the most promising attempt
to date of fusion, but it reminds me of the movie - 'The Saint' more than
anything.  Science magazine is making this article public due to strong
interest from those who don't get free access via their academic
institutions.

Tiny Bubbles Create Nuclear Fusion -- Maybe
(Reuters) - Tiny bubbles imploding in a solution of acetone may have
generated nuclear fusion, Russian and U.S. scientists said on Monday, in
an experiment that, if confirmed, represents a giant advance in nuclear
physics. The experiment was run in a series of beakers that would take up
only a corner of any tabletop, using what amounts to souped-up nail polish
remover and sound waves.

(PDF) http://www.sciencemag.org/feature/data/hottopics/bubble/1067589.pdf

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/Science/High_Energy_and_Particle_Physics

Rasheed