Badges of shame? Hardly

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
06 Mar 2002 14:22:09 -0500

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 14:09, John Hall wrote:
> Those that disagree are blind to mass murder, poverty and brutalization.

Yeah, I think this is what it boils down to. Mao and Stalin each
deliberately killed more than Hitler. Even a two-penny dictator like
Castro has lined thousands up against the walls and shot them for daring
to criticize the system. If we so much as accidentally bomb a /single/
building, we're in deep shit. Yes, our system is /far/ from perfect.
Trying to compare it to Real Communism (where, by the way, most of this
list would have been rounded up and shot for so much as /reading/ this
thread) is absurd, and extremely disrespectful to the millions who have
died trying to fight /real/ injustice and horror.

Luis