Drug War [was RE: I-P: Capitalism vrs. commies]

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
06 Mar 2002 17:51:21 -0500

    L> On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 15:26, John Hall wrote:
    >> Equating drug use with supporting terrorism isn't such a leap.

    L> Right. Which means the Libertarian Party (for once ;) was 100%
    L> correct when they ran advertisements showing the current drug
    L> czar as the terrorist fundraiser.  Luis

Don't be so quick: Guess who's responsible for the most successful
inter-partisan peace initiatives in Northern Ireland?  Yes, the markup
on a cornerd market on E is something that makes sense to both
paramilitaries, so who cares whose kids show up to rave on it?

It goes to prove what I've always said: Any so-called "religious" war
most often has financial advantages at its core, and if those interests
can be met with peace, peace ensues.