Internet Security Update

Udhay Shankar N udhay@pobox.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:10:53 +0530

At 09:03 AM 3/10/02 -0800, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> > You've been social engineered. See below.
> >
> > Udhay
> >

>Well, I think the first thing I did was go to the MSFT
>site and see if there really was a patch.  If you mean socially
>engineered to "must go to Microsoft.com" then I fell for it.  8-)

Your earlier mail appeared to say that you believed it was from Microsoft,
which was what I was referring to. ;-)

Interesting thought: I'm guessing that most members of this group will
believe any kind of stupidity from Microsoft (including myself), so the
above hoax would not even set off alarms...

Udhay

      God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.