Instant Messaging...

Morbus Iff morbus@disobey.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:07:56 -0500

>The Win side has something called Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc/)

I've use both Fire and Trillian - they're best of breeds for both systems.
Fire has horrific IRC support (at least, in the sense of one channel / one
server), personally, so I use Snak in it's stay. Trillian, on the other
hand, has occasional problems connecting to AIM, but they always release
patches quickly.

The beeps and blerps don't both me for Trillian - I've no sound card on my
work machine (where Trillian gets the heaviest use), so I'm blissfully
unaware. Probably the neatest feature for me is the "Attach to Container"
feature - I can attach five IRC channels on three servers to one window.

--
Morbus Iff ( i'm wearing footsie jammies here )
Tech: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779 - articles and weblog