Detweiller writes a money-crank paper...

R. A. Hettinga rah@shipwright.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:03:56 -0500

Yeah, I know, pot-kettle-black. :-).

For those who *don't* know, and it seems like there a lot who don't these
days, "Lance" Detweiller is a famous net.loon, then from Colorado, who
infested the cypherpunk list in its early years with paranoiac screeds
about evils of anonymity and pseudonymity. He was more or less kicked off
the list by court-order -- we'll pause here for the irony impaired to get
the joke -- in 1994/5 or so. Googling "cypherpunks" and "detweiller" will
keep you entertained, or at least emeticized, for hours.

Below, Lance, in his current guise as "vznuri" (V.Z. Nuri = "visionary",
get it?  <hyuk!>, or, as Lance would put it, "tee hee"), uncorks a screed
on money and the evils of fractional reserve banking. He also seems to
throw in a gas-law or two, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Labor Theory
of Value is in there somewhere, for good measure.

I would have missed the following because I've killfiled him, but Leitl
zinged it to the cpunx-news list, and I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess.

At least he had the sense to put it in pdf and stick it on the web. In the
old days, he'd have zinged the whole damn thing to cypherpunks, or
someplace. ;-).

It makes me wonder what Washington University in St. Louis has come to
these days, and the "6-week compulsively" bit I have no problem believing
at all. Here's hoping he's taken a bath since.

Sigh...

Cheers,
RAH

--- begin forwarded text