Other Responses RE: Questions from Hanson (Carnage & Culture)

Philippe Lourier xmatrix@xmatrix.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:12:58 -0600 (CST)

Brad DeLong writes:

> Ehud Barak was Prime Minister when Arafat turned down Barak's
> proposals and decided to launch the current campaign of violence
> So it's not at all clear what Sharon had to do with it.

Actually it is very clear.  foib@ianbell.com is referring to Sharon's
visit to the Temple Mount compound on September 28, 2000 which marks the
start of the second Intifada, dubbed "The Al-Aqsa Intifada" (after the
Al-Aqsa Mosque) by the Palestinians.