Beware - another new SPAM trick

Morbus Iff morbus@disobey.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:43:42 -0500

 >> I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to release a patch to Matt Wright's
 >> script that would check for common attacks and then automatically report
 >> the offending IP and relevant information.
 >
 >A patch? Matt Wright's scripts should be ignored completely.

Oh yes, it's definitely a good idea to update to NMS scripts. But, the
thought still remains - why not throw some associated evil into the script
- let the spammers try and use the holes, but log the attempts, and/or
automatically notify block owners.

--
Morbus Iff ( i'm the droid you're looking for )
Tech: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779 - articles and weblog