More fun about Moore

Michael Watson mikejw@cruzio.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:11:49 -0800

>>> And other fun aspects of Moore's "populism":
>>>
>>> http://www.arcataeye.com/top/020312top02.shtml
>>
>>"Fuck all these small businesses - fuck 'em all! Bring in the chains. The
>>small businesspeople are the rednecks that run the town and suppress the
>>people. Fuck 'em all. That's how I feel."
>>
>>What a great quote. What a strange man.
>>
>>- Joe

I rather liked -- "I'm a millionaire, I'm a multi-millionaire," he
proclaimed. "I'm filthy rich. You know why I'm a multi-millionaire? 'Cause
multi-millions like what I do. That's pretty good, isn't it? There's
millions that believe in what I do. Pretty cool, huh?"

How does a working class populist maintain his street cred after making a
bunch of money? He doesn't mind being bought out and co-opted (even if he
pretends he hasn't been).

Like most of us he is a complex character with some redeeming qualities. He
really needs a new issue to sink his teeth into. I would love to see another
"Roger and Me" about Enron.

michael