Google bends over to Scientology

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:45:44 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

IANAL, but here is a plan that could save some
save money and erase Scientology from Google.

=Reflect Scientology legal claims back at them=

The Scientologists are making claims about
pages clearly not owned by them on the assumption
that most site owners will not be willing to pay a
lawyer to submit a counter claim.

So:
1. Get a copy of the Scientology letter to Google

2. Modify it to claim ownership and demand
   removal of all sites linked to Scientology

3. Get a copy of the counter-notification they
   submit to Google in response

4. Submit that counter-notification on behalf of
   all the sites they tried to eliminate

5. If the scientologists sue for
   misrepresentation of ownership of their sites,
   use the same filings to sue for
   misrepresentation of the sites they tried to
   eliminate.

If the Scientologists are willing to pay a lawyer
to come up with the legal forms, why not use
them?

An interesting side effect of this will be
explicit notification to Google of the common
ownership of many of the Scientology sites.  Once
Google recieves this official notification, it
could quite reasonably consolidate them from a
link analysis perspective.  The result of
this consolidation would be a drastic drop in
scientology sites' Google rankings.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax