Microsoft may not own windows?

Owen Byrne owen@permafrost.net
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:06:29 -0400

Trademark 101:
"Arbitrary or fanciful marks are better. Terms with no connection to related
goods or services also make strong marks. Consider, for example, Hamburger
brand automobiles. (Still, a firm using that mark could not prevent use of
"hamburger" for sandwiches.) "

http://www.fplc.edu/tfield/Trademk.htm#GoodTradmark

Owen

Bill says: