Joltage -- MicroISPs are here!

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:05:35 -0800

Mega-cool, yes -- but I can't tell how they're different from
Boingo. Can you elucidate?

- Gordon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rohit Khare" <Rohit@KnowNow.com>
To: <FoRK@xent.com>
Cc: "Adam Rifkin" <Adam@KnowNow.com>; <taylor@ics.uci.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 11:23 AM
Subject: Joltage -- MicroISPs are here!

So Joltage is premiering at PC Forum, and I'm excited enough that I'm
posting this while they're still on stage. This is a major leap forward
towards the munchkin future.

In 60 seconds, you can download and install their software to turn your
802.11 equipped PC into a micro ISP -- and they federate the resulting
service, and pay you back if people connect through you.

Look, I can't tell you this will work or otherwise, but this is the most
exciting step forward I've seen in some time. This is waay cooler than
even boingo &c -- the business model is the innovation.

Go visit!
http://www.joltage.com/jsp/footer/pr_launch_2_22.jsp

Rohit