neither rare nor well done

Johan Hjelm johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:39:24 +0100

Infinitely.

When I was a journalist, the number of pages in the magazine was
calculated by first measuring the sold ads, then adding an equal amount
of editorial space plus a percentage for tax reasons (vagaries of the
Swedish tax system, to be sure). And then, we would fill it with our
articles.

I am pretty sure radio and TV works the same way nowadays. Money rules.
News is entertainment. Editorial freedom went with the 20th century.

Johan