even my dumb nontechnical anime group gets it -- why don't we?

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar@Golux.Com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:52:34 -0500

Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

>     R> Ah, you mean you're a Yank, a resident (or possibly a citizen)
>     R> of the United States.  Last time I looked, Canadians were
>     R> Americans by virtue of living on the same bleedin' continent as
>     R> the Yanks and the Mexicans.  Personally, I find perpetuation of
>     R> the idea that 'American' solely means 'U.S.' narrow-minded and
>     R> boorish.
>
> How horribly north-centric.

Semi-guilty.  I didn't say the occupants of S./C. America *weren't*
Americans. :-)  (I'm replying to your post with the comments I would
have made to Joe, if it weren't so bloody obvious that he wants the
last word and I'm willing to let it go. :-)

> And then there's the Hawaiians -- are they even on the same
> tektonic plate?

Nyet.  But then, the continental nomenclature is more geopolitical
than geophysical.  I dunno whether HI is considered part of
N. America or not.  Certainly not plectonically..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"