Quick -- What does "off pat" mean to an Australian?

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
27 Mar 2002 22:01:51 -0500

    J> "When I hear the word Security, I reach for my shotgun"

When I worked on a project at a major science museum, I had to pass
the sombre faces of the back-door security desk almost every morning
for two years.  I recommended they obtain a huge laminated poster of a
teddy bear and put it up on the wall behind them.

As with many of my office-improvement suggestions, they didn't.