Tivo is Theft

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 15:01:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Paul Prescod wrote:

--]HBO.
--]

Yep, cable is still an odd beast though. I would say, though I have no
numbers to back it up, more than half of cable programing has commercials.
Things like TLC, History Channel, FoodTV, TNN etc etc. Yet there are those
premium channels folks are willing to pay for that make orignal programing
with no commercials.

The problem is in the cost structuring. Preimum pricing has gotten a bit
crazy. When you get intot he tiered schema you can being paying 50 dollars
or more per month for your viewing.

Now if thats where you derive your enjoyment from its not that bad a
price. Say 3 bucks a day to be able to sit down and get at least one to
two hours of premium entertainment.

For me though I get my kicks online, so insted of a big cable bill I pay
for cablemodem:)- AT&T gets my cash one way or another.

Of course others will look at this 3$ a day mark and thnk "for 3$ a day we
could be rebuilding third world economies, saving the rain forest, etc etc
etc" and then we are into the multipurposed debate of ethics and spending
which I will not get into in this post nor shuld anyone jump the gun and
assume they know my stance on.

(there, that should start something>:-)

-tominyourinboxcauseyouinvitedmewsmf