[TECHBIZ, FUNNY] The worst marketing slogan of all time.

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Fri Apr 11 00:13:19 PDT 2003

So this has been bugging me for months, thought I'd share it for you
folks outside of the SBC area.  SBC --- formerly Southwestern Bell ---
has been running ads (mostly radio, I don't know if they're using this
on their TV spots) that contain what I think might be the worst
marketing slogan of all time.  It's for their ISP offering.  It is:

	"It's the Internet that logs onto you!"

Take a minute and let that sink in.

Ugh.

Creepy.  Distressing.

I'm sorry, but I don't WANT the Internet to log onto me!  Ugh, get off
me!  Yikes!  Disconnect!  Away!

Is it just me, or is that as bad as I think?

jb