*oogle for your mailbox (was Re: NYTimes.com Article: In Searching the Web, Google Finds Riches

Gordon Mohr gojomo at usa.net
Mon Apr 14 02:03:49 PDT 2003

Rohit writes:
> PS. Why isn't there a *oogle for my mailbox? *that*'s another richly interlinked infobase that's hobbled by grep alone, and yet
I'm seriously confunded by how to pay for that sort of R&D, since I presume personal data is even less likely to be
advertiser-supported...

You might want to check out Bloomba, a commercial offering
available in free beta, at...

   http://www.bloomba.com

...though of course switching mail clients is always tough.

Open source Zoe also aims to provide "Google for your email".
See more at...

   http://guests.evectors.it/zoe/

And full-text search of email is one of the features planned
for "Chandler" from Mitch Kapor's Open Source Applications
Foundation...

   http://www.osafoundation.org/our_product_desc.htm

- Gordon