Clinton Republicans

Bill Stoddard bill at wstoddard.com
Mon Apr 21 17:06:17 PDT 2003

 > Finally:  I challenge *anybody* on this list to
> honestly step up and say their life was worse off during most of the
> Clinton presidency than it is now.

and what if I said I lived in California (pre Clinton years) and enjoyed
owning and shooting an M16 for fun? :-)

I know it's not a popular position on this list, but I believe removing
Saddam from power has made the world is a safer/better place (for nearly
everyone, including the majority of Iraqi's and even the French). The
unequivical demonstration that the US of A is not a paper tiger will pay
positive dividends as well (IMHO).

If all continues to go reasonably well in Iraq, the majority of the "4
out of 5 world inhabitants that hate Americans" will go about their
business and forget the whole thing.

If the USofA does not go on the killing spree that "4 out of 5 world
inhabitants that hate Amaricans" are so ardently predicting, they will
go about their business and forget the whole thing.

My net worth is substantially less now than during the Clinton years,
but I don't attribute that to Clinton, GWB, the democrats or the
republicans.

That said, GWB better do what he can and hope/pray the economy turns in
a positive direction before 2004 elections or his presidency is toast.

Bill