Medical costs (was: [SPORK] Gephardt's Plan)

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:26:10 PDT 2003

Jeff Bone:
>Sorry, should've cited my source:  my Dad. ..

I figured as much. And I believe the point. I was
just throwing another aspect into the mix.

>But to your further points:  yeah, health care insurance is another big
>component of the problem. But there again regulatory friction is a if not
>the root cause. ..

Yep. And it's not just hospital regulation. There's
all sorts of rules about what insurance policies
must pay. I bet my premiums would decline 5% or
more if I could choose a policy that didn't pay
for chiropractors, and a few other things. The
regulatory framework is a real mare's nest.