Are you willing to become part of a simulation?

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Tue Apr 29 08:32:33 PDT 2003

Jeff Bone wrote:

> > This is going to be a purely paper simulation. You
> > and your entire world will exist as a printed trace
> > in volumes and shelves and libraries, showing its
> > state evolution from one instant to the next.
>
> Fine, but how do I *feel* about it?

I think the issue I always had with "A Conversation
with Einstein's Brain" was that paper is so static and
that wetware is very dynamic and once you shoot the
book off into space, how would you go about changing
it?  There's no learning involved, no dynamic change,
so it'll never be anything more than a static
snapshot.  At the point it's split off and "finished"
it'll be nothing more than a cheap copy.

Greg