[SPORK] Holy Shiite! US pulling out of Saudi Arabia

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Wed Apr 30 12:00:41 PDT 2003

>>>If the UN got an incomplete and somewhat
>>>misleading case, it's because that's the only sort of case they'd accept.
>>>..
>>>

>>Are we getting some news stream unknown to
>>me? In all the versions I saw, the UN did
>>NOT accept the case we made.
>>

>Our case brought the UN to a state of no-action.
>That we endeavored to make the case paid respect to
>the UN, with all its problems. They accepted our
>argumentation of that case, even though they
>were not ultimately convinced.

The upside of it is - basically the rest of the world has learned the
no. 1 rule for negotiations with the US. ALWAYS assume they're lying,
and that their paramount goal is to sabotage multilateralism..Upcoming
GATT/FTAA talks should show the usual modus operandi - sabotage GATT,
promote FTAA, full well knowing that the US can bully any
western-hemisphere nation into submission on FTAA.
"Sorry you didn't think the rules applied to us, did you?"

Owen