[Fwd: Re: [SPORK] Weird definition of "draining the swamp"]

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Wed Apr 30 16:04:27 PDT 2003

>> I sure hope the US of A never falls under a brutal dictatorship like
>> Saddam's.  Even if France had the ability to restore democracy, they
>> wouldn't. I wonder if Chirac and company are as cowardly in their
>> personal relationships?

> But clearly - that was what Al-Qaeda was doing - trying to topple a
> brutal unelected dictatorship. That their aim wasn't very good - well
> the US has similar problems (though not on CNN). Why aren't you
> thanking them for their help? It is so obvious to the rest of the
> world that you are a police state crying out for liberation.
>
> Owen

Oh and also... just to follow the current US rationalization de jour,
all that Al Qaeda rhetoric about infidels in the holy land, etc.... that
was just to get the Arabs on our side - promote volunteers. The truth
was that they were really trying to liberate you ... had to say all that
stuff to drum up support, but it wasn't really true, ok?

Owen