Requirements gathering for Web app development?

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Wed Apr 30 18:07:47 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Jim Whitehead wrote:

> A student working with me this quarter (Andy Hale, cc'ed) is looking into
> how people do requirements gathering for Web applications. One goal of the
> project is to get at the heart of the differences between requirements
> gathering for traditional projects and Web application development projects.

Simple, there is no difference.

#include <traditional.h>

I've pitched clients on dozens of technologies over the years, and the
process has never changed. You take someone who has no idea what they want
and has no idea how to do it, then you stun them with buzzwords, dazzle them
with purdy graphics, and beat them into submission with paperwork. Then
you're preaty much free to just make it work the way it should.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/