Peercast

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:46:45 -0500 (EST)

Color me taken off guard. I was tooling around the net last night looking
for cool stuff to fill out the sevices on the soon to be wsmf
internet/wirelsscommunity server when I stumbled ona link to peercast.org

Wowzers.

Pardons if Im oldbitting, but has anyone messed with this?

It looks like a really nice mix of netcasting, load distributing, and a
nice use for the gnutella core. The idea that the stream gets realyed by
the listners to boost its availability really strikes a chord with me.
Using it as a realy bridge across networks also makes sense to me for what
I am aiming to do long term.

www.peercast.org