[silk] What Should I Do With My Life? (fwd)

Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:24:19 -0800

Stuff like that cracks me up.  $10 it was written
by a "baby boomer" who's trying to tell people
how they should think.   Personally, I find
people who attribute great meaning to their lives
by artificial associations as someone devoid of
original initiative.  The great depression or
the Vietnam War are both grandfalloons--proud
and meaningless associations projected beyond
the people who actually were on the front lines
and participated.

Hey, I'm as Walter Mitty as the next guy, but
a spiritual void is what you make of it.  If you
don't have anything to fill it, you grab whatever
the most expedient headline of the day is.  Just
because headlines don't have decade long staying
power anymore, doesn't mean there aren't good ones
that people aren't attaching themselves to.

Greg