[silk] What Should I Do With My Life? (fwd)

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:36:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

--]how they should think.   Personally, I find
--]people who attribute great meaning to their lives
--]by artificial associations as someone devoid of
--]original initiative.

And thus, the probelm.

When your raised thinking everyone is David Lee Roth only to find yourself
balding and grunting to make mortage payments, the wind in the lofty sails
of the good ship SelfImportance goes quickly into that goodnight  and your
left flacid in a sea of  everydayness.

Also, think of the speejunkie mystque that many folks used as a moral
gauge. Welcome to the comedown sukas. many folks I know whoa re now
wokring on these issues used the Boom phase of the 90s to live on a razor
wire speed freakish pitch not remebering that razor wire cuts nasty slices
into your skin and the eventual end to speed freaks is reccovery or death.

Remeber the first time you did some code,term paper, etc late at night on
a ton of cafine/speed/pot/etc and thinking int he moment "Hot freaking
damn I am god almighties left arse check ablaze with glory" only to wake
up to a monkey mess of pewp?

And that , I think , is what im getting out of the recent spat of
articles, reflecttions and introspectulative howlings.....folks are
realizng that life is more than the sum total of hours worked on a
project, the stock options sitting on a ledger sheet, the chemicals
ingested, the toys bought or the afflumen acccumlated by peerage
dergangment.

Its about living the long haul and lving it.

Just my 2cents though, your exchange rate may vary.

-tomwsmf