[silk] What Should I Do With My Life? (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:26:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> You go to your grave thinking, at least
> I accumulated enough hours driving really fast.  8-)

I'd rather not go my grave, at least for a few megayears. Or at least,
thinking there's a fair chance of me being back in circulation within a
few decades to a century. What should I do with my life? *Which* life?
These ~80 years, about half of that high quality? Laughable. There's not
even enough time to build up a resource base to do anything interesting
before you get so rudely interrupted.

I especially detest the subjective progressively faster passage of time.
I'd rather have each afternoon last an eternity, like way back in kiddie
state, or during stopped time when tripping. I'm told that years pass like
afternoons when you're 70, or so.

Don't you all feel cheated? I am.