[silk] What Should I Do With My Life? (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:56:52 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Tom wrote:

> Some people have done in a few days what others could not pull off in
> three lifetimes.....Its not quantity its qaulity.

Yes. Unfortunately I've set my sights on unobtainable stuff. A lot of
tools I need to work with will take decades to materialize. By then I'll
be a drooling case straight out of the geriatric ward.

> I use each moment as best I can. Cheated would be what i would feel if
> I did not allow myself to do those things I want and rather sit around

You misunderstand. I don't sit moping at home, thinking all the time about
all the neat stuff I'll never be able to do. While I've wasted
uncomfortably many years of my life (youth is wasted on the young, as
always) I'm currently still bootstrapping things, trying to hit a good
balance between meaning and fun.

> bemoaning that I was not "alowed" to live forever to sit around and
> bemoan the fact I have too much time on my hands.

Heh. I wish I had that problem. I can't idle even for a minute. It makes
me want to pace on the ceiling.