Countermoves Volume 1 Issue 4 Released

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:09:01 -0500 (EST)

Countermoves HQ -  Jan 3 2003

Volume 1 Issue 4 of Countermoves has officaly been released. You can find
it on the web at http://countermoves.sourceforge.net

In this issue we take a look at  two of the three second place winners of
the Microgame Design Contest of 2002. Harvest The Wind takes on the
conflicts around the Plains in the days of the American westward expansion
while Steel and Crystal gives us a solo game engine for fantasy settings.
Glider Pit Gladiators, a game of glider based combat, was the third second
place winner but its author has opted out of having the game printed in
Countermoves. For a look at all the entrants and the final standings grab
a copy of Countermoves Volume 1 Issue 3.

We also get a look into the world of Braille Chess , see what the family
is playing round the dinning room table and get a few words from your
humble narrator.

------
Countermoves is a multifaceted project that seeks to bring together game
developers and game players to interact and share in both the creating and
playing of games. One of the public manifestations of the Countermoves
project are print and online GFDL publications. Print versions
are offered at no cost via a Guerilla Distribution Method. For more
information please visit http://countermoves.sourceforge.net/
------