Wifi Highway - could this work?

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:05:16 -0500

The falling asleep thing has pretty much been solved in a nice low-tech
way in most of the states I drive in, some subset of: VA, MD, WV, PA,
and OH.  They just grind wide grooves perpendicular to the road just
past the border lines.  When you stray into them, you get a sound and
vibration alert that you are heading off the road.  Elegant and caught
on in about 2 years.  Of course it's not foolproof but it helps.

I just suffered through a couple thousand miles of sleepy driving during
the holidays.  It is definitely the most likely way for me to die
accidentally, even with my street skating in DC ( http://www.skatedc.org
) or my flying, hiking, etc. http://sdw.st .

On the other hand, I'm getting my private pilots license to avoid all
that driving.  No chance of falling asleep flying...

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams 43392 Wayside Cir,Ashburn,VA 20147-4622