NYTimes.com Article: Who Owns the Internet? You and i Do

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:14:43 -0500

Internet means you are connected to the public, global, peered,
sanctioned "internet" vs. anything else that is an internet.  I suppose
that if you consider intranets and extranets as having supplanted
"internet", it might make sense, however there was originally
("originally" meaning 91-94) a strong definition of both that made sense.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams 43392 Wayside Cir,Ashburn,VA 20147-4622