IEEE doesn't like web robots

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
08 Jan 2003 13:15:43 -0500

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 12:24, Mr. FoRK wrote:
> Sure, trying to maintain copyright which is understandable. But the 'damage
> performance' part is funny.

Have you had a dynamic set of generated pages attacked by google? It's
not funny at all. [Picture a bugzila server falling over with a load of
4-500 every hour on the hour.] Probably (IMHO) the least funny part of
the whole thing. The rest, as tom points out, is sort of silly- if
you've got publicly available data, it's going to be spidered.

Luis