Hot tags and Sweet Chin Music (wasRe: IEEE doesn't like web robots )

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:19:37 -0500 (EST)

On 8 Jan 2003, Luis Villa wrote:

--]On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 14:02, Tom wrote:
--]> 9 different robots 	Hits	Bandwidth	Last visit
--]> Googlebot (Google)	332	12.43 MB	07 Jan 2003 - 06:52
--]
--]Yeah, see, this is the difference; we were getting not hundreds, but
--]tens of thousands of hits from the google bots. Per second.
--]
--]This is why I don't laugh about bot-based DOS. :)

I agres, seing as wsmf.org is just one tiny little web server with
relativley little on it...I mean what would happen if I put my mirror of
Projet Guttenburg, soem more old timem radio shows, a few php/mysql
dynamic pages and other fun project stuff.

Do I start messing with robot exclusion files? Is it fair to the robots to
exclude them, to put them in the back of the bus , to keep them down on da
farm and away from da women? Will the ALCFU show up on my porch and demand
equal access to the otherly abled gay whale islmaic robots? Will dave
winner rant on about how its ok to exploit robots so long as he makes a
buck off it?

Where is the love? I ask you...WHERE IS THE LOVE???????

"piece of dirt dirt dirt
piece of dirt dirt dirt
piece of diiiiiirrrrrrt" TMBG