meta-forkage [Re: ... Who Owns the Internet? ...]

Dave Long dl@silcom.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:56:29 -0800

>                     ... I was self publishing poetry before I knew how to
> write it well...thus I had the endings before I had content.

..which is the usual trouble with being
human.  Proteobacteria[0] instinctively
respond to their environments; we have
to learn how to fake it as we go.[1]

According to the Whore Te Ching:

> You win some you loose some, the main goal is not winnig or loosing its
> learning...ok and winning a couple of times doesnt hurt:)-
or:
>   let those on the Way be one with the Way
>   let those who succeed be one with success
>   let those who fail be one with failure
>   be one with success for the Way succeeds too
>   be one with failure for the Way fails too

-Dave

::::::

[0] Re: "faux darwinism, entropy"
<http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2002-February/009129.html>
> How do the cyanophytes rank?
> They may not have the density
> of animal residents, but then
> a niche like "surface water"
> provides a large multiplier.

There was an estimate recently
that members of the SAR11 alpha-
proteobacterial clade constitute
nearly a third of the cells in
surface water.

They suspect that there may be
2.4e28 SAR11 cells globally, or
4e18 for each one of us.

Morris et.al., "SAR11 clade dominates ocean surface bacterioplankton
communities"  Nature v.420 19/26 Dec 2002
> Although the biogeochemical role of the SAR11 clade remains uncertain,
> these data support the conclusion that this microbial group is among
> the most successful organisms on Earth.

::::::

[1] to tie this in with Bronson's Question:

> For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his
> own soul?  Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
or:
>   which is more vital, fame or health?
>   which is more precious, health or riches?
>   which is more harmful, loss or gain?
>   the deeper the love, the higher the cost
>   the bigger the treasure, the greater the loss
>   who knows contentment, suffers no shame
>   who knows restraint, encounters no trouble
>   and thus lives long

Anyone know if the Mawangtui texts are online anywhere?
I have a poetry-parity theory I'd like to check.