The RIAA owes you, claim it.

Elias Sinderson elias@cse.ucsc.edu
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:34:26 -0800

I usually ignore these kinds of announcements because they so rarely
affect me, but...

I've got the receipts to over 1000 CDs purchased primarily between the
dates specified. My house burnt down, and a good portion of the
settlement was due to my music collection. Hence most of the settlement
was spent replacing it all. I may not have chosen to spend it that way,
if it was entirely my choice, but the process was structured in such a
way that I could only get 100% reimbursement if I actually replaced the
articles with new, similar items.

Heh,
Elias