More unbiased objective grassroots activism

Mr. FoRK fork_list@hotmail.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:42:51 -0800

Early signs of meme warfare.

==
http://www.americansforfuelefficientcars.org/index.html
"Tell Detroit their gas-guzzlers help terrorists buy guns."

Welcome to Americans for Fuel Efficient Cars. The idea for this project came
to me while watching -- for the umpteenth time -- one of those outrageous
drug war ads the Bush administration has flooded the airwaves with. You
know, the ones that try and link using drugs to financing terrorism. Instead
of shaking my head in disgust and reaching for the Mute button like I
usually do when I see these ads, I decided to channel my indignation. Why
not turn the tables and adopt the same tactics the administration was using
in the drug war to point out the much more credible link between driving
SUVs and our national security? Thus began our campaign to create a series
of TV ads designed to win the hearts and minds -- and change the driving
habits -- of American consumers by asking them to connect the dots and think
about the effect energy wastefulness is having not just on the environment,
but on our foreign policy.

The amazing response we've received has enabled us to produce a pair of
top-of-the-line ads, which are currently in post-production. Now we need
your help to get them on the air. Any amount, no matter how small, will make
a difference. Thank you for your support -- and be sure to continue checking
out the site for the latest on our anti-SUV campaign