iVDR: consumer disposable hard drives

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn@rbii.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:44:06 -0500

On Friday 10 January 2003 05:12 am, Rohit Khare wrote:
> Removable hard-disk system to be unveiled at CES

The interesting thing here is that you can already do this. There are=20
enclosures for ATA100 hard disks now for about $8-16 that allow you to sw=
ap=20
drives. We use them in our office to reduce the overall number of machine=
s a=20
developer needs.

With firewire enclosures (only external currently), you can do the same t=
hing,=20
but have "hot swappable" drives as well. Our backup machine uses 2x160GB=20
drives on an external firewire enclosure for storage.