Exercise! (was: 8-bit man!)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:58:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Kelley wrote:

> Summary of training requirements for growth:
>
> 1. Use weights between 60-85% of maximum (roughly 6-20 reps)
> 2. Use a controlled eccentric (lowering) movement.
> 3. Apply proper progressive overload.
> 4. Supply adequate nutrients and allow adequate recovery
> 5. Train a muscle once every 4-7 days.

A good + CR lots of stretching/yoga beats it every time of the week
(unless one insists to look like a beefcake, regardless of consequence). I
do go the weekend weights/excessiv esweat route, but only because I can't
muster the strength of will to do the CR/low calorie way.

Which is clearly superior, but takes some mental muscle.