Anti-war train drivers refuse to move arms freight

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:01:27 -0800

> From: Al Diablito [mailto:aldiablito@hotmail.com]
>
> OK, Mr. Hall, when are you reporting to your recruiting center? You
talk
> very tough sitting behind your keyboard. When are you heading to Iraq?
> C'mon, times a-wasting, we're shipping out now!

Well yes, they are shipping out now which means that nobody reporting to
a recruiting center today qualifies to go.

'They' volunteered to go based on where their elected civilian leaders
told them to go.  Furthermore, we had a nice little vote on war
authority which passed overwhelmingly (in Congress) and a subsequent
election where politicians who weren't sufficiently serious about
defense were at a distinct disadvantage.

Moreover, 'they' are exceptionally well trained and are arguably less
likely to come to harm than the citizens they leave to defend.