'Bomb Texas' The psychological roots of anti-Americanism

Al Diablito aldiablito@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:46:22 -0500

>But aren't there also a lot of people who do have strongly
>anti-American feelings in the war opposition?

Yes, certainly there is some. Sometimes it is oriented towards hatred of all
Americans, but most people around the world are smart enough to understand
the difference between hating the policies of our current government and
hating Americans. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. That is the
price that the average people of America pay for the venality and
criminality of our leaders, who should be the real targets.

>People who think America is a greater evil than the totalitarian
>states that brutally oppress their own people and export violence
>and weapons, in the hope of someday oppressing ever-more people?

Personally, I don't think that our government is really that much worse than
others around the world. I would point out, however, that we have supported
a huge number of totalitarian states around the world over the past
half-century, with guns and dollars. If we were consistent in our policy
towards these dictators, rather than aiming only at ones with resources or
strategic locations that our corporations desire, our leaders and policies
would have more respect.