Anti-war train drivers refuse to move arms freight

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:20:12 -0800

Oh horse puckey.  Peddle the marxist analysis somewhere else.

> >B) Assuming wars are fought for economic reasons misses the last two
> >centuries of history.  It has been rather obvious for the last
century
> >that this isn't the case.
>
> This is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. Try and back
this
> one up.

Wealth is not obtained by seizing land and taxing the peasants, and
hasn't been for several hundred years.  With the exception of Saddam's
attempt to seize Kuwait, there wasn't a war which made economic sense in
the 20th century that I'm aware of.  It is almost impossible to make war
pay these days.

> we will still be faced with millions of people who are not
> looking forward to a "MacArthur-style occupation".

Just like Afghanistan.