Anti-war train drivers refuse to move arms freight

Al Diablito aldiablito@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:33:47 -0500

>US soldiers are not treated as cannon fodder, and no vaguely clueful
>person would think so.

I think I am at least vaguely clueful and I think that all soldiers are
cannon fodder. The fact that we have had superior technology in our last few
wars that cut down the loss of life on our side does not erase this fact.
However, I would agree with your statement that the military leaders are
more concerned with their soldiers than the politicians are. Hence, I would
point out that there is enormous dissent within the military about this war.
The chickenhawk draft-dodgers at the White House want this war, the
intelligent military leaders who have been to war don't, but are going along
as it is their duty.

I really don't need to make this argument
>again.

Yes, you do.

The average infantry soldier is a very expensive piece of
>capital equipment in the US military and are therefore very well
>protected.

Nice summation of your attitude to the troops. By the way, like Mr. Hall,
what are your war plans? When are you deploying? You seem to be really into
military hardware in a geek sort of way. Back it up, man. What are you
waiting for?