Anti-war train drivers refuse to move arms freight

Al Diablito aldiablito@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:11:40 -0500

Ok, well-argued points with an intelligent conclusion. I do not want to
paint anyone into any camp. Their own statements do that most of the time,
and you make balanced, articulate arguments. You also seem to have extensive
military experience, as I had already gathered. However, I do wonder about
people who are obsessive about following military technology, as I find it
kind of sick. I have zero military experience, and have no interest in it. I
am also not an expert on weapons or tactics, by any stretch of the
imagination. You are, I respect that. Many people like to throw out things
like " Let's blow up Korea and see how Kim likes a LAWS rocket", thinking
they sound tough and cool because they know the name of a piece of weaponry,
all the while they are eating skittles between keystrokes, and flipping over
to porn in their other browser window. Those are the people I am sick of.
The ones who see it as just a big video game, you do not seem to be one of
those and I respect you for it. My problems are much less with the military
and its people than with the corporate processes, politicians, and brainwash
media that make war palatable to many Americans. Nothing you have said has
changed my opinion on that.