Anti-Americanism? The United States has Gone Mad

Owen Byrne owen@permafrost.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:48:00 -0400

Forgot the URL.
Owen

Just for good measure, I like this quote:

/"We have about 60 per cent of the world's wealth but only 6.3 per cent
of its population. Our real task in the coming period (will be) to
maintain this position of disparity. We need not deceive ourselves that
we can afford the luxury of altruism and world benefaction ... the day
is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power
concepts. The less we are hampered then by idealistic slogans the
better."//George Kennan, head of U.S. State Department Planning, Feb 24,
1948.

/