Public Domain Doomed

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:26:01 -0500 (EST)

I just read this up on slashrot. the Supreme Court gave a 7-2
decison to lock in long term copyright controls.

All the works that should have fallen into the Public Domain are now
locked out of the PD for a lifetime or two.

Disney has been a major force in pushing this through. Its more important
to them to keep control of the Rat than for our country to have a rich and
vibrant public domain as envisoned by Jefferson et. al.

A tip of the slave hat to Sonny Bono for his great works in shackling
works.

So the companys keep thier works and the Public Domain is locked up.

"Aint that america something to seee
little pink houses for you and me"  jcm