Public Domain Doomed (Mouse != World)

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:44:36 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:

--]I'm as much against copyright law as any anarchist, but I find myself
--]flinching at all the knee-jerk copyright phobia here.

Knee Jerk??? Oh come on. It goes form 14 years +14 based on need to LIfe +
an auto 120...and thats something not to be alarmed about?

The facts are that the ideas of the Public Domain and Public Good are
erroded.

--]I guess I'm trying to say that I don't particularly mind DisneyCorp trying
--]to protect the mouse.   Having that put all writings out of the reach of
--]Project Gutenberg for generations is another thing.

Welcome to Another Thing..

Lets Review the nonkneejerk fact....

Disney can use a work publsh in 1883 (Treasure Planet) to make a
derivative work called Treasure Planet with NO WORRIEs about copyright,
trademark or the like BECAUSE the work is in the Public Domain.

In 2102 NO ONE will be allowed to make LION KING IN SPACE without the
EXPRESS written for and paid consent of DISNEY.

Gosh Hally, that just dont seem too darn fair.

Support of the Mouse is Support of The Destruction of Our Public Domain.

JUST SAY FUCK YOU TO DISNEY.

(hows that for nonkneejerky..paly?)

-tomwsmf