RFID

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@i2x.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:41:09 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I wonder how easy it would be to jam/spoof RFIDs.
I doubt there is any crypto in them that
guarantees the authenticity of an RFID nor any
form of tamperproofness on the physical device
itself.

I also doubt that they are particularly robust
w/r/t radio noise.

I wonder how hard it would be to walk into a store
with a jammer, pick up a bunch of stuff and walk
out....

Alternatively, how hard would it be to walk into a
store and claim to be someone else?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax