Anti-war train drivers refuse to move arms freight

Al Diablito aldiablito@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:55:46 -0500

>>and I think that all soldiers are cannon fodder.
>
>You are absolutely, unequivocably incorrect.

I am not saying that from the perspective that military leaders are
cold-hearted zombies, but that the corporate/war system itself utilizes them
in such a way. While I have no doubt that there are many people within the
military concerned to the utmost about their troops, this is not the bottom
line for defense companies and oil companies.

>Now, you certainly don't believe that American soldiers, the topic of>your
>comment, are being slaughtered in the tens of thousands to serv
>our need for oil--at least you don't if you live in the real world,

I don't assume that they will. Considering the way that this war is being
planned and the possibility that it may spread far beyond the borders of
Iraq, I don't think anyone should rule it out. And, yes, of course, they are
being sent over there for oil and geostrategic maneuvering, not because of
this WMD nonsense. Of course, I live in the real world. Anyone who thinks
this war is not about oil clearly does not.

>This sort of intellectual and rhetorical dishonesty is the reason that
>most Americans find the modern left so unworthy of respect.

How am I being dishonest? I don't take back anything I said. Left is a big
place. Most Americans find much of the right as unworthy of respect as they
do the phony mainstream left of Clinton, Carville, etc. Note the 2000
election.

It's
>also
>the reason that you've ended up killfiled. >
>daniel

What the hell does that mean? Is that a word? I don't feel "killfiled"! In
fact, I've had a pretty good day!

You on the other hand sound pretty grumpy.
Cheer up, bucko! ;)