Cannon Fodder

R. A. Hettinga rah@shipwright.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:17:23 -0500

At 6:06 PM -0500 on 1/16/03, Al Diablito wrote:

> Solid post. I agree. Note that not one member of the House or Senate has a
> child in the military. Bush's daughters and nieces are too busy forging
> prescriptions and drinking underage (oops, they're 21, I forgot, Party On,
> Jenna!) to serve. Last time I checked, women could serve. C'mon ladies!

It's remarkable to me how much of a leftist canard the above logic is now,
in a country with an all-volunteer army.

The people at the thin edge of the knife *want* to be there, you know.

Next thing you're going to do is tell me that the US, through capitalism,
is immizerating the rest of the world, right? ;-).

Cheers,
RAH

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@ibuc.com>